Inside: Instagram worthy under stairs closet ideas for organization & style.
I have recently decided to actually use the space under my stairs for good. That’s right…no more collecting dust or spiders. I am going to be able to organize my shoes, my umbrellas…heck, I might even have a section for wine.
I just feel like I have been squandering that space’s potential for far too long. So today I am going to show you a list of Aesthetic Under Stairs Closet Ideas for Organization. These ideas are not only cute, but they are super helpful. I have found ideas for all sorts of different styles.
Though they are all different, they all have one thing in common: functionality!
So check out the ideas below to see which under stairs closet ideas for organization are going to be your best fit. There are tons to choose from so you should grab a notebook to write down which are your favorite.
What Is An Under The Stairs Closet?
This is a wonderful question. Have you ever looked at your staircase and thought to yourself, “hmm, there must be something under there.” Well, I am here to tell you that there is something under there…storage space. You are just letting that precious square footage be wasted under there.
An under-stairs closet is essentially when someone actually utilizes the space beneath their stairs. The ideas below are going to give you some great ideas on how to go about doing that.
Under Stairs Closet Ideas for Organization
First up, I wanted to show you a good mix of under stairs closet ideas for organization. I know that the main priority here is going to be organization and functionality, but why not make it cute too? You deserve nice things! Organization can be cute and aesthetic. I think you will see that with the ideas below.
1. Boho Basket Storage – I think this is a super simple way to go about storing things under your stairs and I love it. That is why I put it at the top of this list. It’s a great jumping-off point.
2. Flush Drawers – You will be seeing a lot of drawers that are this style throughout this list because they are just so awesome! There is nothing worse than walking by and snagging your shirt onto a nob. This makes your storage so hidden that you may even forget they are there.
3. Simple Pull Out Drawers – You don’t have to make use of the entire space if you don’t want to. Take this idea for example, they have 2 small drawers to work with. Still, it looks cute AND it’s functional.
4. Hidden Compartments – Thinking about getting hidden compartments? I think this is a wonderful idea. It will really bring your storage game from 0 to 100, real quick.
5. Drawers Cabinet with Space for Washer – I love this idea. Not very often do you see someone using this space to do laundry, but why not? What else would you be using this space for?
6. Little Under the Stairs Spaces – This person uses the flush cabinets, but then went a step further by adding little organizational compartments within the cabinets. This is awesome!
7. Simple Light Green Stairs – Though I am showing you these ideas for functionality, I also wanted to show you ideas that are going to be good for the aesthetics of your house as well. What is the point of having a house if it is not going to be adorable?
8. Washer and Dryer Under Stairs – here is another example of someone putting a washer and dryer under their stairs. Perhaps it’s more common than I thought!
9. Wine Organization Idea – If you collect wine, then you should use your staircase as the perfect little wine cellar. There are so many ways that you can do this, but built-in organizational shelves are my favorite.
Lovely Stair Organization Spaces
Next up, I wanted to show you a few more under-stairs closet ideas that are going to help you become your most organized self. That space is just sitting there, waiting to be used. You can make the most of it with the awesome spaces that I listed below. Some of these are going to blow your mind.
10. Drawers with White Paint – Next up, I have some simple drawers that have some white paint on them, but they are still cute so I included them.
11. Under the Stairs Pantry – Here is an example of what I would do with my extra stair space. It’s a pantry! I have so many yummy snacks in my house all the time, I need somewhere to put them.
12. Snack Cabinet Idea – And speaking of snacks, here is a snack cabinet. I am loving these ideas so far.
13. Angled Cabinets Idea – I love the way that these people actually went with the groove of their stairs and created some angular cabinets to store things in. Too cute!
14. Simple Shelf Ideas – You don’t have to go all crazy like the ideas above. You can be organized with simple shelves like this! Check it out to see if you like it.
15. Drawers for Shoes – If you want to use your under-the-stairs space as your drop zone, you should have some storage for shoes.
16. Wine with Little Organization Spaces – Here is another example of someone keeping wine under their stairs. I think this is such a clever and cute thing to do. It looks so chic!
17. Extra Storage Ideas – You can never go wrong with some extra storage ideas. Seriously. This is especially true if you own your house because as time goes on, you just end up acquiring more and more stuff.
18. Book Shelves and Sitting Area – And this is a winner for me. If you have a lot of books, this is a wonderful idea to consider. Getting yourself a bookshelf under your stairs is awesome!
Aesthetic Under Stairs Closet Ideas for Organization
For this last list, I wanted to show you some of the most aesthetic under stairs closet ideas for organization. There are so many different examples that you have seen so far, but the ones below are by far my absolute favorite. Sometimes, you just need to go with whichever one makes you happiest. So if you want a wine cellar…don’t hold back.
19. Wooden Square Cabinet
20. Glass Cabinet Doors
21. Small Organization Spaces
22. Cute Drinking Organization
23. Push To Open Stairs
24. Wine Cabinet Idea
25. Green Cabinet Ideas
26. Angles Drawer Ideas
27. Light Up Stair Ideas
So there you have it…is your mind blown? Mine is! Who would have thought that the space under our stairs could turn out to be so cute and useful.
I hope you loved these ideas, and that you now feel inspired to transform your own space. I know that by the end of this project I am going to be so much happier.
If you want to find some other awesome ways to improve your house, then you should keep looking through some of my ideas. Home improvement shows are kind of my bread and butter, so you can expect some seriously great ideas.