Inside: The Best Wheat Wreaths to buy and DIY ideas that will make you happy.
There are so many different varieties of wreaths out there that it can become hard to choose with all of that noise. Wreaths aren’t just for the holidays anymore, oh no. They are so much more.
You can have a wreath as added decor in your house that can stay up all year round. That’s right. All. Year. Round.
Though there are hundreds of different kinds to choose from, nothing will ever be able to compare to the classic beauty of a Wheat Wreath. They are a beautiful way to incorporate nature into your home, and they are perfect for any occasion.
Whether it’s summer, fall, or national wheat day (yep that’s a thing. It’s April 20th in the U.S), this is the wreath for your home!
If you are in the market for adding one of these beauties to your home decor then you are in the right place. I’ve put together an epic list of 41 of the cutest Wheat Wreaths the internet has to offer. If you want to create your own, then stick around to the end of the article where I give you a step-by-step tutorial on how to make a classic spiraled Wheat Wreath.
That’s right, you can get your craft one!
Before we get into it though, I want to answer a pretty common question about these awesome pieces of decor.
Can my Wheat Wreath be in Direct Sunlight?
It is best to keep your wheat Wreath out of direct sunlight if you wish for it to last. Direct sunlight can bleach the wheat, making them lighten in color. This may not sound so bad, but when this happens, the wheat gets even more dry and brittle than it already is and it will fall apart!
If properly taken care of, this type of wreath can last years. So if your front door has no shade, then perhaps consider keeping it as an indoor decoration.
Front Door Wheat Wreaths
For those of you whose front door is in the shade, this first list is for you! These can be such a fun way to add texture and personality to the entrance of your home.
The door is a spot that is regularly dismissed when it comes to decoration. Change that!
1. Simple Spiralled Wreath
2. Cute Fluffy Wheat Wreath
3. 18 Inch Wheat Wreath
4. Mixed Wheat Thanksgiving Wreath
5.Hay and Wheat Front Door Wreath
6. Full Wheat Wreath
7. Simple Small Front Door Wreath
8.Wheat Wreath with Lavender
9. Exposed Metal Wheat Wreath
10. Wreath with Pastel Flowers
11. Stained Wheat Wreath
Dried Wheat Wreath
12. Dried Wheat Grass Wreath
13. Dried Front Door Wreath
14. Golden Wheat with Eucalyptus
15. Wheat Grass with Green Additions
16. Heart Wreath
17. William Sonoma Wreath
18. Wheat & Straw Wreath
19. Wreath with Dried Flowers
20. DIY Kit
21. 2 Tone Wheat Wreath
22. All-Natural Heart Shape
23. Wheat Shaped Thick Wreath
24. Braided Wheat Grass
25. Wheat Harvest Wreath
26. Varieties of Wheat
Etsy Wheat Wreaths
One of the best places to find cute, unique, handmade wheat wreaths that are like no other! One of my favorite things about buying on here is that it supports someone’s small business. It’s an absolute win-win!
27. Fluffy Wheat Wreath with Flower Center
28. Classic Wheat Wreath
29. Boho Style Wheat Wreath
30. Dried Golden Wheat
31. Light Green Wheat Wreath
32. Handmade Wreath with Dried Flowers
33.Dried Flower Variety with Wheat
34. Huge Boho Wreath
35. Fluffy Half Wreath
36. Blonde Wheat Bundles
37. Golden Wheat Spiral
38. Horse Shoe Shape Wreath
39. Brown and Tan Wheat Wreath
40. Gold Ring with Wheat Bundles
41. 20 Inch Wheat Wreath
Now that you’ve gotten a good idea of the many different styles and ways you can make your wheat wreath, we can get into the DIY portion of the article. Though this is a very simple and straight-up version of this kind of wreath, feel free to make it your own. This is just a base! Once you have it down you can keep it as is or you can add your own embellishments to it, like other dried flowers and grasses or ribbons.
DIY Wheat Wreath Tutorial
For this DIY we are going to make a classic spiraled wheat wreath.
- Wire Wreath Form – There are many different wheat forms to choose from, but for this project, we are sticking with the classic wire.
- Wheat Bundles – You can get these online, from Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc.
- Thin Wire – You can get this from any craft section or store
- Wire Cutters – Obviously you do not have hulk strength and cannot tear apart metal. So these come in handy.
- Scissors – To cut stems
After you have these supplies we can go on step one!
Step One: Separate Wheat.
Separate the wheat into about 2-inch thick bundles. You can make this thicker depending on your preference.
Step Two: Cut Wire
Depending on the size of your wreath, you will need to cut the wire into 4-5 inch pieces. I’d say 10-15 pieces will be enough but use your own wreath size to determine what will be right for you.
Step Three: Start assembly.
You’re going to want to take your little bunch of wheat and lay them at an angle onto the form. About 40-45 Degrees will do it. Then you take a piece of wire and fasten the bundle to the form. Be careful not to pull too hard because you could snap the wire(okay maybe you do have hulk strength). When you are done, trim any extra wire and then trim the stems
Step Four: Alternate Bundles Inward
Keep adding bundles, each one pointing a little more inward to the last. This will create a spiral look when you are finished with your Wreath.
That’s it! You’ve created a classic spiral wheat wreath. Aren’t you just in love with it?
More Ideas You’ll Love
- How to Make a Deco Mesh Wreath Step by Step – If you loved learning how to make this wheat wreath then how about you continue the fun with this awesome article! We go over how to make a Deco Mesh Wreath step by step and even include photos to make it super easy to understand. It’s even easier to make than the ones you saw today so why not try your hand at it and give it a shot?
- 11 Festive Dollar Tree Fall Wreaths Even You Can Make – Yep. You read that right. You can make wreaths with stuff you can get at the Dollar Store! The decor is truly for the people. If you love cheap crafts then take a look at this awesome article that includes 11 of the most festive Dollar Tree Wreath Ideas you can find!
- How to Make a Sunflower Wreath – Everyone loves sunflowers. I mean, I have never met anyone who doesn’t so to me this is a fact. I don’t know about you, but I can’t think of one spring decoration that could match the energy and cuteness of a sunflower wreath. If you want to learn how to make your own, then look no further! In this article, we walk you through a step-by-step tutorial on how to make the cutest mesh sunflower wreath that you will ever see. You know you are curious…just take a look here!