Inside: How to Make a Deco Mesh Sunflower Wreath.
Capture the natural beauty of blooming sunflowers with this DIY wreath project. Starting with basic crafting materials like deco mesh ribbon, pipe cleaners, and a wire wreath form, follow our simple instructions to create a gorgeous floral-inspired door hanging.
This sunflower-shaped wreath easily transitions from spring to fall, so you can display it throughout the changing seasons.
Plus, the deco mesh sunflower wreath comes together in under an hour, so you can have a beautiful front door decoration in no time.
Super-Cute Deco Mesh Sunflower Wreath
When it comes to making this super cute Deco Mesh Sunflower Wreath there is a shortlist of supplies you will need.
Tools you’ll need:
- Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Mat
Supplies you’ll need:
- Green 10in X 10yard Deco Mesh
- Pipe Cleaners
- 10in Wire Wreath Frame
- Yellow 10in X 10yard Deco Mesh
- Brown 10in X 10yard Deco Mesh
- Zip Ties
How to Make a Deco Mesh Sunflower Wreath
When it comes to making this super cute deco mesh sunflower wreath there are a few different steps and sections to complete.
You will want to start with prepping your metal wreath form. I like to go ahead and put my pipe cleaners onto my form before I am ready to attach the deco mesh. Evenly space out the pipe cleaners and being cutting out your deco mesh strips
Deco Mesh Sunflower Wreath Leaves
Roll out the green deco mesh on top of a cutting mat. Use a rotary cutter to cut the ribbon into five pieces, each measuring 11.5 x 10 inches. Fold two corners of a cut ribbon piece in toward the center and pinch together to create a bowtie shape. Place the ribbon on top of a pipe cleaner, and twist at the center to secure to the wreath frame. Continue working around the frame to secure the remaining four ribbon pieces. These will become your flower’s leaves.
Adding Yellow Petals
Using the rotary cutter, cut 30 pieces of yellow deco mesh, each measuring 10 x 10 inches. To create the petals, use the same folding and pinching technique to form each yellow ribbon piece into a bowtie shape. Place petals on top of the pipe cleaners and twist to secure, layering two yellow pieces on top of each pipe cleaner. Stagger the pieces around the frame so the petals are offset from the previous layer. Repeat on each rung until you reach the center of the wreath frame.
Center of Deco Mesh Sunflower Wreath
Cut three pieces of brown burlap, each measuring 2 feet by 10 inches. Gather the strips together and secure them with a zip tie at one end. Braid the three sections together and bind the end with another zip tie, cutting off any excess plastic on the tie with scissors. Roll the braid into a circle using zip ties at each quarter-turn. Flip the wreath over and place the braided circle in the middle of the wreath, using zip ties to secure it in the back.
More Deco Mesh Ideas You’ll Love
- Deco Mesh Centerpiece Ideas – Let’s just be real, parties are a BIG deal, and I personally love them more than anything. Any excuse to have a celebration I am all in 100%, which is why coming up with these super cute and fun Deco Mesh centerpiece ideas! Coming up with the perfect decor for a party is one of my favorite things and luckily I have found the perfect centerpiece idea for EVERY occasion!
- Dollar Tree Deco Mesh Ideas – I love adding a fun pop of festive to my front door, dining room table or over my mantel, and one of my favorite ways to do so is a bright colorful Deco Mesh piece! I love using Deco Mesh, it is the perfect material to manipulate into the best decor. From holidays to everyday decor there are so many different fun ways to use Deco Mesh. Now, with seasons changing and holidays having the perfect wreath for each occasion can get pricey. That is why I made the best list of Dollar Tree Deco Mesh Ideas! They are all perfectly designed to stay within your budget and still add that festive punch!