Inside: Cubicle wall decor ideas that will transform your cube into a home away from home.
Here is a sorry truth for you: you spend 40 hours of your week at the office. That is a pretty sizable part of your waking hours. With this in mind, I think it is about time that you start to take your cubicle decorating seriously.
Think about it: You have to spend more time in that little room than you spend in most rooms at your house. Don’t you deserve to feel cozy and happy when you are at work too? Especially since you are going to be there for so long! At this point, you may be asking yourself, “how can I make my office cubicle nicer?” I can help you with that.
Below you will find a list of some of the best cubicle wall decor ideas that you need to include in your office space today. So check those out and don’t be afraid to add them to your shopping cart!
Cubicle Wall Decor Ideas
First up, I wanted to give you some examples of things that you can include in your cubicle. Otherwise, you may just end up looking online and getting whatever you see first.
1. Family Photos – This is one of my biggest pieces of advice for those of you who are trying to make your cubicle feel like your own space. Adding photos of your family is the quickest way to feel at home in your workspace. When I first added my family photos to my cubicle, I was shocked by how much happier I became at work.
It’s funny how that works! Such little things can have large impacts on our overall lives.
2. Friend Photos – If you are going to add photos of your family, you should add photos of your friends as well. I remember I used to get so bogged down while at work because I felt like I was just a cog in the machine. I didn’t need my personality to do my job, so I felt like I was losing a part of myself while at work.
Adding photos of my friends acted as a reminder that I had a life outside of this.
3. Photo From Your Favorite Band – Your favorite band or musician is another one of those things that will bring you a little bit more happiness when you enter your cubicle. You can put a photo of the musician themself or(and this is my personal favorite), you can put up a photo of your favorite album cover.
4. Photos From Your Favorite TV Show or Movie – Think about your favorite movie or tv show…I bet you have one that you just go nuts over. I am a big Marvel nerd, and I also love Lord of the Rings.
So my cubicle was filled with cool art that reflects that. Everybody in my office thought it was super cool because I wouldn’t get your average merch. I would instead find cool handmade decor pieces on Etsy! You can find ways to be chic about it.
5. Photos of Beautiful Landscape – You can also include some photos of the outside world, since you will be cooped up inside all day, it could do you some good to be able to look at nature, even if it’s just a photo.
6. Motivational Quotes – This is one that I think is super important. Having a motivational quote that gets you through the day is a lovely way to keep your spirits high. Make sure you only pick a quote that actually inspires you. The classic Hang-In-There-Kitty poster is funny and all, but you don’t get very uplifted from that.
7. Unique Calendar Ideas – I would recommend getting a calendar that reflects your personal interests. For example, I had a Hobbit-themed Calendar that I always looked forward to changing every month.
8. Cute Clock – Having a cute clock to watch tick away all day is mandatory. I don’t make the rules here, I just enforce them.
9. Twinkle Lights – I always say that adding twinkle lights is the best way to create your own little world within your office. There is just something about the different lighting that makes you feel like you aren’t at work!
10. Push Pin Board – This can be helpful for you as you go about your day. Plus, it will look super cute in your cubicle. It’s a must!
Wall Decor You Can Buy
For this next list, I wanted to jump into all of the wall decor pieces that you can buy. There are so many different styles to choose from, and I tried to include as many as I could. These are all adorable ideas that I think you are going to love. Remember that you aren’t spending money on your office; you are spending your money on yourself.
12. Geometric Fake Planters
13. Macrame Photo Display Idea
14. Welcome To My Cube
15. 3 Motivational Decor Items
16. Be Kind To Your Mind
17. Metal Pin Frame Idea
18. Hanging Eucalyptus Idea
19. Cute Gold Metal Frame with Shelf
20. Triangle Shelf with Lights
Unique Decor Ideas
If you are looking for something a little more off the beaten path, then I think you would enjoy this amazing list of some more unique wall decor ideas. Sometimes, the best decor pieces are the ones you would least expect, so don’t count any of these ideas out!
21. Wall Chain Idea
22. Butterfly Wall Decor Idea
23. Glass Wall Propagation
24. Pink Quote Decor Idea
25. Everything Is Figureoutable
26. Sun Themed Decor Idea
27. Plant Propagation Idea
28. Simple Shelves Idea
Must-Have Cubicle Wall Decor Ideas You’ll Love
Lastly, I have some of the most must-have cubicle wall decor ideas that I just know you are going to love. When you are picking out your decor, keep in mind that you are going to be seeing it every single day. So make sure that you absolutely love whatever it is that you decide on. It’s up to you at the end of the day!
29. Motivational Sign Idea
30. Wall Calendar Idea
31. Rose Gold Clock Idea
32. Dragonfly Decoration Idea
33. Cute Fake Plant Hanger Idea
34. Funny Wall Print
35. Small Clear Shelves
36. Fake Vines Idea
37. Colorful Crystals
So…Should you decorate your cubicle? I think the answer to that question should be a strong yes. It’s not just about looking cute, it’s about the benefits that come along with putting a little bit of time and energy into your place of work. I am a big dork when it comes to decor because it means so much to me.
When I worked in a cubicle, my office decorations were the only things that really got me through my work week. I would walk into my office and feel like I walked into my own little work sanctuary. I had everything you could need: Photos of friends and family, comfy chair pillows, a rug…I even had a little snacks drawer that I refilled once a week.
When you take time to make your office life a little better, your life overall gets a little better. If you love these ideas and want to find new ways to improve your cubicle aesthetics, then you should check out some of my other ideas!