Inside: Festive Boss’s Day decorations that will show them just how awesome they are.
So Boss’s Day is coming up, and I thought how fitting it would be if I put together a fun little list of the best Boss’s Day Decorations that you can use to transform your office space for this special day.
A good boss can mean the difference between you enjoying your work and loathing every step you take into your office. This might seem dramatic, but it is the absolute truth. A good boss is someone who is understanding, smart, and a real people person. They unite the entire crew and are always there when you need them.
If this sounds like your boss, then you better start looking at the decorations below…because it sounds like they deserve you to go above and beyond for them this year! Let’s jump in.
Table of Contents
When Is Boss’s Day?
Before we get into the decorations, though, I thought I should probably let you know what day this holiday falls on. According to the national day calendar website, “On October 16th, National Boss’s Day, also known as National Boss Day or Bosses Day, recognizes the hardworking boss overseeing the workplace. Employees across the United States show appreciation and thankfulness to their bosses.”
I think this is beautiful. I know that it is very important to have a good work/home life balance, but the reality is that you are spending at least 30-40 hours at your job every single week. The people you spend every day with become a large part in your life. This is natural!
Though your work and home life are still separate, that does not mean that you shouldn’t celebrate the people you work with. So take this time to show your boss just how much they mean to you. You could even get them something from this list of cubicle decor ideas as a gift!
Boss’s Day Decorations
Typically, I would start out this list with some ideas that you need to make sure to include, but today I wanted to just jump right in and show you what you need to get. I have some ideas that I will explain throughout the list because they are more DIY. But I know how busy it can be to work a full time job, so the list below can be bought online!
1. Best Boss Ever Balloons – Balloon words are a must. If they don’t spell out the word boss, then you have failed. Make sure you put them in the right spaces!
2. Sign with Flower Ideas – If you have a boss who loves flowers, then I would suggest getting a sign like this. It’s covered in sweet flowers that I think any flower lover would enjoy.
3. Cute Boss Quote Idea – Getting decorations that also double as office decor is an absolute win in my book. Why should they get reminded that they are appreciated just once a year? Let’s go for year-round awesomeness!
4. Pink Boss Themed Balloons – For those feminine bosses out there, you should get boss’s day decorations that reflect that. These balloons are so cute!
5. Balloon Arch Idea – A balloon arch is one of my absolute favorite ways to spruce up a party space because they look super fancy when in reality, they aren’t! You just tie a bunch of balloons to an arch connector, and you are done!
6. Dangling Star Decorations In Different Colors – These little stars will symbolize how much of a shining star your boss is. Plus, they will make the space feel so fun!
7. Hands Down The Best Boss Around – I think this is super sweet, and it would be absolutely perfect for your boss on this national holiday. So check out the idea above.
8. Big Boss Letters
9. Large Boss Plaque
10. Boss Signed Photo
Fun Decoration Ideas
Next up, I have some super fun boss’s day decorations that will make your boss feel overjoyed when they see them. The first half is some DIYs that you can do; the second half is examples of more specific decorations that would be perfect for this national holiday. If you are looking for more permanent cubicle decor ideas, I have those too.
11. Themed Balloons – I wanted to include this idea, even if it seems obvious. Balloons are the universal sign for celebration. Even if you get balloons and draw on them yourself, it’s still a wonderfully sweet idea.
12. Photos of Your Boss & Employees – You are going to want to print out some photos of your boss with their employees and hang them all around the celebration space. This will really hit home for them, to be able to see all of the different lives they have touched by just being themselves.
13. Best Boss Plaque – Another obvious one, but I did not want you to forget it. Get the best boss plaque made for them. These might seem cheesy, but it’s literally like giving them an award. You have to do this!
14. Handwritten Notes – You can get an empty jar or bowl and have everyone in the office fill it with sweet notes about how your boss has affected your life. Then you can gift it to them and tell them to grab one whenever they are feeling down.
15. Large Poster Signed by Employees – This is a sweet idea as well. You can get a big boss-themed poster and then have all of the employees sign it.
16. Happy Boss Day Ceiling Hangs – These twirly little things have the ability to transform space from office to celebration super quickly.
17. Boss Day Lawn Ornament – You can put this in the grass outside your office space, or if you don’t have any, you can find somewhere cute to put it indoors!
18. Decorate Their Door – I think this is a super sweet idea. I know if I showed up to my job and my door was decorated like this, I would probably cry. But I am a big softie, so it’s not that surprising. I cried during frozen.
19. Sweet Quotes – You should never underestimate the power of a sweet quote. Seriously, pick one that you think reflects your boss a put it up somewhere in the office.
Fun Boss’s Day Decorations To Show Appreciation
Let’s take a second and be grateful that we have wonderful bosses. How do I know you have a wonderful boss? Well, if you hated them, I can almost 99% guarantee that you would not be here looking for the best boss’s day decorations for them. Check mate! So be grateful. I have had my fair share of horrible bosses before and am so happy for the one I have now.
20. Hilarious Coffee Pot Balloon
21. You’re A Great Boss
22. Premade Boss Sign Idea
23. Feminine Boss Sign Idea
24. Cute Boss Kit Idea
25. Candy Themed Sign
26. Hobby Themed Gift
27. Boss Themed Cake
I hope that you found some boss’s day decorations that your boss will love. I think it is so important to let the people in our lives know how much they are appreciated, and that includes Bosses.
So get some of these decorations, fill your office space with them, and spend some time appreciating the people that are a part of your life 40 hours a week.
If you want some more ideas on how you can elevate your office space, you need to check out these boho cubicle ideas. You are going to love these!