Inside: 47 Office Guest Room Ideas.
If you are lacking space in your home, consider creating a multi-purpose room by combining a home office/guest room to host overnight guests. This space could be a spare bedroom that you use for the occasional guest or for storing unused clutter. With some cleanup, this space can be transformed into a highly functional and attractive room.
Plenty of our homes have an additional bedroom that we like to describe as an “office/guest room combo.” In reality, what many of us have is a glorified storage room. Sure, there’s a bed, and in a pinch, the clutter can get stacked against the wall to make space for an overnight guest.
But this room deserves so much better.
Here are some tips that will turn this guest bedroom/home office into a truly functional space that you and your guests will love!
Tips for Decorating Office Guest Room
Keep the Design Light & Minimal: When you go into any modern cafe where freelancers spend their days working and sipping coffee, you’ll notice the design tends to be fairly uniform from one coffee shop to the next: Clean lines, white walls, minimalist, sturdy furniture, earth tones, etc. This aesthetic works so well for a guest room/home office combo for two reasons: It creates a distraction-free atmosphere where you can feel productive when you’re working, and it’s easy to clean and tidy up.
Don’t Put Too Much Furniture in the Room: This room doesn’t need much more than a bed, a desk, some storage space, and perhaps a chair. By taking a minimalist approach to designing, you create a space that can be shaped for multiple purposes.
How to do Storage?
Open Shelving Makes Tidy Storage Look Great: With open shelving, the room looks a little more convertible between office and guest room modes. Anything that normally goes on the desk can be tucked away into a basket and placed on the shelf for easy access once your guest departs.
Use Containers Liberally on Your Shelves: Too many storage containers on your shelves can make your guest room feel more like a storage room. Stick to visually-pleasing containers, and leave some open space on your shelves.
Bins Give Your Organization System a Softer Touch: Fabric storage bins downplay the office feel that the room might take on overtime. When guests arrive and see this kind of organization, they will appreciate the cozy, uncluttered environment you have created.
Office and Guest Room Ideas
1. Boho Office and Guest Room Combo
2. Small Guest Room with Desk for Workspace
3. Chic Pullout Sofa in Office
4. Colorful Guest Bedroom and Office
5. Converted Closet Desk
6. Simple Office and Spare Room Combo
7. Cozy Spare Room with Clean Desk Space
8. Multifunctional Office and Guest Room
9. Colorful and Eclectic Office Space with Guest Bed
10. Moody and Masculine Guest Room with Office Space
Home Office Guest Room Ideas
11. Open Bonus Room for Guest and Work
12. Midcentury Daybed Design
13. Full-Size Bed in Guest Room/Office Space
14. Natural and Open Guest Room with Desk
15. Double Workspace with Pull Out Couch
16. Small Office and Guest Bed Space
17. All White Spare Space
18. Fun and Colorful Guest Room and Home Office
19. Cozy Spare Room with Clean Desk Space
20. Multifunctional Office and Guest Room
Office Guest Room Decor Ideas
A few great bed options for a bedroom/office space include:
Daybeds: It can function as stylish seating when the room is in office mode and comfortable sleeping when the room is in guest room mode. You can use the area under the daybed as storage space as well.
Murphy Bed: Convertibility is the key to making this room work. Because the bed will take up most of the space in this room, it’s best if you can tuck the bed away somewhere when you need to get work done.
21. Vintage Daybed with Trundle
22. Honey Rattan Daybed Frame
23. The Lori Wall Bed
24. Modern Velvet Sofa with Pull-Out Sleeper Bed Couch
25. Twin Platform Bed
When guests do stay over, you want them to feel as if they have their own personal space in your home. If your guest room/home office is dominated by a large desk, however, it might make them feel like they’ve intruded on your personal space. A smaller desk will make the room more inviting for guests.
Another great option is a rolling desk, they will definitely keep the room convertible. When guests are coming over, you can simply roll your workspace into a corner, a closet, or another room (if possible).
26. Taber Desk with Hutch
27. Cute Green Corner Desk
28. Tilden Small Space Desk
29. MICKE Ikea Desk
30. Andromeda Desk
Guest Bedroom Office Combo Ideas
31. Boho Office and Guest Room Combo
32. Small Guest Room with Desk for Workspace
33. Chic Pullout Sofa in Office
34. Colorful Guest Bedroom and Office
35. Converted Closet Desk
36. Simple Office and Spare Room Combo
37. Cozy Spare Room with Clean Desk Space
38. Multifunctional Office and Guest Room
39. Colorful and Eclectic Office Space with Guest Bed
40. Moody and Masculine Guest Room with Office Space
Small Office Guest Room Ideas
41. Open Bonus Room for Guest and Work
42. Midcentury Daybed Design
43. Full-Size Bed in Guest Room/Office Space
44. Natural and Open Guest Room with Desk
45. Double Workspace with Pull Out Couch
46. Small Office and Guest Bed Space
47. All White Spare Space
More Home Design Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these cool and fun office guest room ideas then check out a few more of our favorite home decor inspiration.
- 47 Great Finds for Kids Rooms – One of the most important things to remember when designing a kid’s space is to make it fun and customize it to their growing personality! Check out these 47 great finds for kids’ rooms that are sure to create a space you and your little one will love!
- Stylish Daybed Round Up – Ideas for Every Room – A daybed although simple in shape and form is one of THE most versatile pieces of furniture. Use it in a bedroom as an oversized bench or small bed, use it in the living room as a transitional piece of seating to join two areas together, or float it just about anywhere to instantly create a stand-alone seating area. Here are a few of our favorite daybed round-up ideas.
- The Best 21 Deck Furniture Ideas You Can Afford! – Outfit your deck with the best deck furniture ideas such as sleek outdoor sofa, or classic rocking chairs stacked with fluffy cushions, and your outdoor space quickly becomes a backyard oasis for you and your family to enjoy!