Inside: The best cubicle decorating tips: How to decorate your cubicle.
You spend 40 hours of your week in your office AT LEASE, so why wouldn’t you want that office space to be adorable? I know that it goes against everything in our bones to spend money on the place that you make your money from…but it is well worth it, trust me.
I used to work in a cubicle, and so I can tell you from EXPERIENCE that my work life improved after I decided to decorate my cubicle. It made that small cube jail feel like my own personal space, and I found myself actually excited to get to work.
There are so many different ways that you can decorate your office space; it can be overwhelming. So today I am going to go over some things that you must include in your cubicle that will change your work life for good. Keep reading for those cubicle decorating tips!
Cubicle Decorating Tips
I want to dive right into the tips because they are just so helpful. But don’t worry, if you wanted some visual aid; I made sure to include some awesome ideas in the list after this one. So stick around for that!
1. Photos of Family – This is my number one tip because it instantly makes this space feel like your own. You get to see the people you care most about every day when you are at your desk. Once I started adding photos of the people I cared about, I noticed that my work life felt more rich.
I think that it is all too easy to forget that you have your own life and hobbies outside of work when you sit in a grey box for 8 hours a day. This can be a helpful reminder of who you are and what you care about.
2. Favorite Colors – This is a good way to get an instant happiness boost. If you have a favorite color that you never get tired of, then you should consider adding it to your office space. Whether it’s from some decor pieces or getting a colored keyboard. Find a way to make your cubicle pop!
3. Favorite Style of Decor – Personally, I am a Boho girl. There is something I find so comforting about boho style. It could be the textures, the natural colors, or the softness…but I love it. If you have a specific style that you have always loved but didn’t know how to execute in your own home…this is a great jumping-off point to start with.
Since your cubicle is such a small space, you have the opportunity to create the perfect little style bubble. Try it out!
4. Helpful Self-Care Items – This is one that you may not think of. Take a moment to consider your day-to-day life in your cubicle. What are some things that you wish you had that would make your day a little more comfortable? You should consider keeping self-care things in your cubicle. Things like:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Oil Blotting Papers
- Baby Wipes
- Face Wipes
- Extra Pads or Tampons
- Shelf Stable Snacks
These are just some of the ideas that you can use to start. I know there are plenty of other ideas out there that you are going to come up with that are more aligned with your specific needs.
5. Little Sources of Light – This is a fun one: Having some little battery-powered twinkle lights can help to improve your mood a bit while you are working. It creates a different atmosphere than the rest of the office has, so it helps you feel a bit calmer.
6. Office-Safe Scent – Finding a diffuser or some other kind of office-safe scent to bring out in your cubicle during your shift is a great way to make your space feel a little bit more separate from the rest of the office. Not to mention, if your brain starts to associate that smell with work, you will have an easier time being productive. Fun right?
7. Office Organizational Items – This one is obvious, but I wanted to include it. The organization items that came with your cubicle are most likely pretty boring. You can amp up your work life by getting yourself some cuter organizational items! Think paper organizers, pencil cups, trash cans, those kinds of things.
8. Favorite Musician – I put this here as a placeholder because everyone has different interests. You are going to want to fill your space with things that you like, so why not add your favorite album cover or artist? It’s super fun, and simple, and will infuse your space with a little more of your personality.
9. Favorite Entertainment – Do you have a favorite show? Then maybe you should put some decor up that reflects it! There are so many great decor pieces out there for almost every show.
10. Unique Calendar – Get yourself a calendar that aligns with your style. I know a calendar may seem simple, but it’s the little things that add up to the entirety of your space. So don’t overlook a thing!
11. Light Therapy Lamp – Unless you are a super lucky person who got a cubicle by a window, you should consider getting a light therapy lamp. These are proven to help keep you awake for longer and improve your mental health and clarity. You really cannot go wrong with this. What’s more, these lamps will help to improve your productivity, so I think it’s worth a shot.
12. Chair Pillow – Here is another example of something simple that goes a long way. Adding a cute pillow to your office chair isn’t only cute, but it’s great for your back too. How could you say no to this? Make sure your pillow matches the next idea because it will help pull your whole office space together.
13. Add a Rug – Get yourself a small rug and place it in your cubicle. This will help break up the monotony and make your space feel more separate from the office itself.
Cute Cubicle Inspiration
Next up, I wanted to show you some examples of cubicle decorating. There are many different ways for you to achieve this, so just use these ideas as inspiration. Make it your own!
1. Colorful Cubicle Idea
2. Chic Cubicle Decor Examples
3. Boho Desk Decor Idea
4. Photo Collage Example
5. Wallpaper Idea for Cubicle
6. Flower Wall Idea
7. Simple and Cozy Idea
8. Chic Decor Idea
I hope you really loved this tutorial on cubicle decoration. I am sure there is something I missed here, so you should check out some of my other cubicle decorating ideas where I go into more specific details on the different kinds of decor you should go for.
You are going to be spending a lot of your time in your cubicle. This isn’t great news, I know. But there are plenty of ways to make your day-to-day life at work a little happier. You can start with decorating!
Consider going to a thrift store or a discount market if you don’t want to spend too much money on your decor. There are so many great options out there for those that are willing to look.