Inside: 37+ Gratifying Welcome Home Decorations and Ideas
Whether people are returning home from a short trip or have been away for months, welcome home decorations and parties can be a fun and meaningful way to make loved ones and family members feel that you missed them and their company!
Warm hugs will always do the trick, but go the extra mile to show your happiness and excitement that your loved ones are finally home.
Decorations, entertainment, food and drinks, gifts, and games are all needed to make your welcome home gesture extra special!
Welcome Back Decorations
These home decors require less effort and can still give that warm home feeling.
- Welcome Home Banner: Hang a welcome streamer or banner around the entrance of your home or somewhere that can be easily seen once the door is opened.
- Welcome Mats: Another simple idea is using welcome mats outside the front door. Add their nicknames or family names on the mat.
- Welcome Postcards: We highly recommend this because it can be personalized according to your creativity or facts you know about the person coming home.
- Welcome Baskets: Filling a basket with small gifts is a way to welcome people home. It is easy to prepare and exciting to receive. Plus, they look really nice too.
- Welcome Home Wreath: A creative way to welcome someone home. It is also perfect since the Christmas season is here!
- Welcome Photo Walls: Decorating walls in halls, bedrooms and other areas with photos is one of the best ways to say, “Hey, you’ve been missed!”
Welcome Home Surprise Ideas
If you have extra time to prepare, put that into work by trying out these ideas.
- Themed Bedroom Welcome: One fun way to welcome someone is to decorate their rooms with a theme they are crazy about. Anime or movie-themed rooms are the most common examples.
- Welcome Video: This idea might be time-consuming, but it is worth every effort to welcome somebody home. The video may include things or events the person missed while they were away from home.
- Welcome Music: Music- the universal language! Choose songs from the playlist we linked or you can also prepare a playlist that hits home.
Welcome Home Food and Drinks
Decors are not the only way to welcome someone. Here are some food and drink concepts you can try.
- Welcome Dinner Feast: Prepare a special homemade dinner for them. Cook a local delicacy or a family recipe that isn’t available elsewhere. You can also bake or order a welcome home cake.
- Welcome Refreshments: The trip home is surely exhausting, especially with the excitement! Ready those drinks for once they open the door. A few refreshments are a great way to unwind, especially after a long trip.
- Welcome Drink Recipes: We know you have that inner barista in you. Try these recipes out and make it personal by adding your own flavor to them.
Welcome Home Gifts for Kids
Capture those adorable reactions when kids walk through the door. Here are some welcome home ideas especially made for the young ones.
- Welcome Baby Baskets: Baskets filled with various items are perfect gifts for infants and babies returning home. Add variety by putting food, toys, and essentials. Make a handwritten card to put in a baby book that they can read when they are older.
- Welcome Toy Collections: Kids love toys, so buy them a collection of toys once they reach home. This can give them a special memory of home that will be remembered when they grow up.
Welcome Home Gifts for Pets
Even pets deserve a gift when coming back home. Here are gift ideas that your furbabies will surely love.
- Welcome Treats: Special treats will definitely make your pets jump and down on their feet. You can also add a new toy for them to play with.
- Welcome Pet Scents: Try these pet-friendly scented products that pets will love once they get to their homes.
Welcome Home Games
Bond with people we miss through home games.
- Welcome Travel Board Games: Playing board games is a perfect way to bond with a person having jet lag. It is easy and does not require too much effort.
- Welcome Quiet Games: A little peace and quiet are what a person needs whenever they get home. Jigsaw puzzles, card games, and more so are fun and chill games.
- Welcome Games in the Car: You can’t contain your excitement to fetch somebody who is finally going home. Play these games while on the road and get to have fun spending it with them.
- Welcome Family Trivia Games: This is a fun and heartwarming game to finally converse with the person returning without pressuring them to speak up. This is also an opportunity to update what everyone has been doing while they were away.
Other Welcome Home Gift Ideas
These welcome home gift ideas are ideal for adding to gift baskets or simply placing in a gift back. Gifts that provide comfort such as pajamas, candles, and mugs are always appreciated! Or you can go with something a little more heartfelt like scrapbooks, memory boxes, or handmade gifts.
- Welcome Home Mugs
- Welcome Home Pillowcases
- Welcome Home Candles
- Welcome Home Cards
- Welcome Home T-Shirts
- Welcome Home Memory Boxes
- Welcome Home Scrapbooks
- Welcome Home Snacks
- Welcome Home Pajama Pants
- Welcome Home Posters
- Welcome Home Memory Jars
- Welcome Home Snow Globes
- Welcome Home Wood Grain Humidifiers
- Welcome Home Handmade Gifts
- Welcome Home Towels
Welcome Back Punchlines
Wondering what to say at dinner time? Here are some witty and funny lines to welcome back your family member, friend, or loved one!
- “Welcome back to reality!”
- “Welcome back! So how was it? What did you do?”
- “Welcome back! Now we can start planning your next trip.”
- “Welcome back! You missed me, didn’t you?”
- “Welcome back to the home-team!”
More Ideas You’ll Love
- 55+ Creative Christmas Bedroom Decor Ideas – Christmas season is here and it’s time for you to decorate your house bedrooms and feel the holiday spirit. Decorate the bed, walls, door, and other furniture inside the bedroom with colors of gold, silver, red, and green. Also, there are different themes that you can follow that are especially designed for adults, teens, and kids.
- 55 Festive Christmas Door Decorating Contest Ideas – Christmas decorating contest is a classic game during the Christmas season. This list of Christmas door decoration ideas can help lay out a plant on your intended door design. Creativity plays a major role in this contest so make sure to go wild on your imagination and you might come with something we have never seen before.
- 47 Great Finds for Kids Rooms – Kids rooms are so exciting to decorate because imagination is only our limit. We can design in any creative way that we can think of. Put different colors and structure it in a non-traditional way. It is fun to do and the kids can join you in decorating it. These are some ideas that can inspire you when you plan to decorate your kids’ rooms.
- 35 Stunning Entryway Wallpaper Ideas – Add some style and elegance to your entryway by putting up some wallpaper. These ideas will have your home looking glamorous without tons of effort! It’s surprisingly easy to install as well.