Inside: How to make a Pom Pom Wreath DIY style that will fill your doors in style for any occasion.
One of my favorite things about wreaths is how they can be made with any theme for any occasion. Though they’re popular around Christmas mostly, you can use one as decoration throughout any time of year.
There are also so many different styles and techniques used when making wreaths that you never get bored of them. I mean it, I look up so many wreaths a week I cannot keep count, and I can safely say there is always something new that I haven’t seen. Today I am going to show you my newest wreath obsession!
I was on Pinterest the other day, and I happened upon a POM POM WREATH. Yep, they are as cute as they sound. Then I spend the next few hours learning about them, how to make them, and looking at inspiration. So I want to share what I learned with you. We are going to make the cutest Pom Pom Wreath DIY for any occasion!
Pom Pom Wreath DIY Ideas
I always like to start my DIYs out with some inspiration. This is the best way to get your creative juices flowing, and it will also get you extra excited for your project. I have found some of the cutest Pom Pom Wreaths that you can look at; they each come in their own unique style so you can get a good feel for the variety you can work with. Check them out.
1. Felt Pom Pom Decor – This one doesn’t use the same kind of pom poms we will be working on within our DIY, but if you like the way this one looks more, just swap out yarn for felt balls in your order. Then you can skip step 2 and just use them instead! Cute right?
2. Christmas Wonderland Wreath – If you are planning on using your wreath around Christmas time, then you are in luck. This is one of the cutest Christmas-themed wreaths that I have ever seen!
3. Simple and Cute Wreath – Not every wreath has to be super complex in order for it to be cute; take a look at this one to see what I mean. It’s simple and oh-so-cute!
4. Light Blue, Grey, and White Wreath – Here, we have this awesome tri-colored wreath that uses a blue, grey, and white color scheme. These would look great in your living room!
5. Muted Colorful Front Door Wreath – I think this is an understated fall wreath if I have ever seen one. Each of the colors used in this example work beautifully together.
6. Pink and Gold Wreath Idea – I love the combination of gold and pink. I think they make such a great-looking wreath. What do you think?
7. Pom Pom Metal Wreath – I am a big fan of these metal hoops being used as the base form for wreaths. It gives it a much more Modern feel.
8. Star-Shaped Pom Pom Wreath – If you want to go with a more unique shape than the traditional circle, this star is right up your alley. Plus it is super simple and easy to make!
9. Rainbow Wreath Idea – I love rainbows, and this wreath reflects every color that you can think of. Take a look to see if this fits your style.
10. Cute Black, White, And Grey – If your house already has a lot of colors and you are looking for something to make it more neutral, then I think this black, white, and grey pom wreath is the winner.
11. Fall Hedgehog-Themed Wreath – If you are planning on hanging this beauty up during the fall, then you basically have no other choice than to choose this one.
Pom Pom Wreath DIY
Now on to the fun part, the pom pom wreath DIY! I love the way that mine turned out. It’s a red and white Christmas Themed Wreath, but you can make yours for whatever theme you want. It’s totally customizable. Just think of this tutorial as your jumping-off point. You get artistic freedom here!
Here is the list of supplies you will need for this project. You can sub out any of these for something more your style if you wish; it is completely up to you. But you will need some version of each thing below.
Step One: Make the Pom Poms
Okay, this step is going to take the longest. But I will say it is so fun and super satisfying to make each and every one of them, so it balances out in the end. For this, you can follow the directions on the pom pom maker for more direct instructions, but I’ll walk you through the process to get you started.
First, open the maker and start wrapping the yarn around one side. You will end up wrapping it anywhere from 100-150 times. The thicker you make it, the more fluffy your pom pom will be. You will repeat this on the other side. Then you take a separate piece of yarn and wrap it around the center, tying it off.
Then you take your scissors and cut the yarn where it is wrapped. You then open the Pom Pom Maker and trim the excess yarn string. There you go! You’re own pom pom!
Step Two: Wrap the Garland
Next, take whatever garland that you chose and glue it to your foam form. I did this by starting with one end and wrapping it around the wreath so that it was all covered. You can use any kind of garland that you want, but the ones that work the best have little bristles. This way, you can nestle the Pom Poms into it. It gives them more things to hold on to.
Step Three: Glue the Pom Poms
Now you get to glue on the ornaments. Add as many as you like, but I covered mine as much as I possibly could. I like to go overboard, but it ended up looking really good, so it paid off. When you are done, pick up the wreath and see if anything is loose. If it is, add some more glue and secure it better.
Then you can take a step back and look at your handy work. You did it! I hope you loved this pom pom DIY as much as I did.
Yarn Wreath DIY: Conclusion
So there you have it, the cutest pom pom wreath DIY that can be made for any occasion. I chose Christmas for my DIY, but I think I will make another one just to have in my house all year long. Because yes, you can do that. Wreaths aren’t just for Christmas!
If you enjoyed this wreath DIY, then I have some amazing news for you… WE HAVE LOADS MORE! Honestly, these wreath ideas are so cute that it ends up sending me down a rabbit hole.
But hey, hours spent looking at wreaths are never hours wasted if you love them as much as I do! So take a look at these and see which ones you would want to add to your to-do list.