Inside: Magical unicorn wreath ideas to add some whimsy to your life.
Unicorns are one of the most magical animals out there, along with dragons, so naturally, there are lot of decors that feature this creature. If you or your child hold unicorns close to your heart, then you might be on the lookout for some unique ideas.
Que Unicorn Wreaths!
They are not only colorful, adorable, and perfect for your home… but they are absolutely magical as well. They would be a great decoration for your child’s room or for a birthday party.
The best news of all? You can make one yourself! I made a list of some of the cutest wreaths to help you get inspired to create your own, plus there a DIY tutorial to help you with your crafting session. Let’s get into it.
Unicorn Wreath Ideas
Here is your list of inspirations. If you don’t plan on making your own, don’t worry. All of these are all purchasable, so if you find one you love…it’s all yours! Take a look.
1. Soft Heart Wreath – Kicking it off with a cutie. This wreath used a heart for its base and included a little stuffed unicorn. I also have to mention the adorable bow that was made with unicorns and striped ribbons. They really killed this. Take notes!
2. Deco Mesh Wreath – If you are a fan of deco mesh wreaths, then look no further. This is the prime example of an adorable unicorn hanging wreath. They included lots of blues, pinks, and sparkles and a wonderful stuffed unicorn in the center.
3. Rainbow Deco Mesh – When you think of a unicorn, rainbows come to mind. This is because most unicorns are depicted in a wide array of colors that reflect the rainbow. I love how they used that for the outside and then a simple classic unicorn profile for the center.
4. Shaped Wreath – This wreath just took it up a notch by making the mesh background in the shape of a unicorn. Yep, you read that right. This is so cute! I love the rainbow mane.
5. Pink and Purper Wreath – Sometimes, you only need 2 colors to get your to point across. And in the case of a unicorn wreath, those colors are pink and purple. This would be perfect for a unicorn-themed birthday party.
6. Green Natural Unicorn – If the bright colors aren’t really your style, but you still want to incorporate a unicorn into your household decor, then check this example out. They used a foliage wreath for the base and added a few spring flowers and a little classic unicorn figurine for the center.
7. Christmas Wreath – Classic Christmas wreaths can get boring after so many years…so why not spice it up with a unicorn version? Check out this wreath; they used ornaments for the base and drew a unicorn face on a few of them.
8. Unicorn Sign – Does this sign resonate with you? I mean…who wouldn’t it? Unicorns make everyone happy. This is a perfect wreath for your daughter’s bedroom door or wall. It’s probably the best option if you like a less in-your-face style of the wreath.
9. Glittery Wreath – Glitter is basically synonymous with our topic of choice. So why not add something with a little more glam like this beautiful wreath? I have never seen a wreath with this kind of base.
10. Inspirational – They are cool-looking and can be inspirational too. Unicorns are unique, and they can teach our children always to love the things about them that set them apart. Be unique!
11. Unicorn Head – I think that if you decide on this kind of wreath, you might as well go for it, and I mean REALLY go for it. Not only do these have such a unique style, but they also make every child in your household very happy. And isn’t that what it’s all about?
12. Simple Wreath – Okay, I know I have shown you lots of intense wreaths, but I’m slowing it down a bit. Look at this super simple(and easy to achieve) wreath. They used deco mesh as the base and fanned it out. They added some ears and a horn, and VOILA!
13. Simple Rainbow Wreath – As I said before, you can truly never go wrong with a good old-fashioned rainbow unicorn. They are the most magical, and that’s proven by science. Adding more color is like adding more whimsy; you can never have too much.
DIY Unicorn Wreath
Now for the exciting part, making your very own wreath! The best part about this is that you can create exactly what you want. So if you saw a wreath above that you liked but didn’t love, you can use some of the ideas on your own. You can also mix and match to end up with the wreath of your dreams.
You’ll need to get solid on what you want to make to get started. So look at your list of ideas that you pulled from the examples above and fine-tune them until you are left with a solid idea. Then once you have that, you can start to step one!
Step One: Supplies
For this section, I wanted to add all of the supplies you might need in one spot. It’s your literal one-stop shop for building an adorable wreath! I broke it down into sections, starting with your tools, base, and decorations. Check them out!
- Classic Wire Circle Form
- Horse Shaped Form
- Foam Wreath Forms
- Grapevine Wreath Forms
- Wooden Ring
- Heart Shaped Forms
Step Two: Prepare Your Unicorn Wreath
Now that you have all the supplies you’ll need, I know you may be eager to start. But hold on, just another second! You need to do one thing before breaking out the glue, and that is to prepare your wreath.
To do this, you will need to loosely lay everything onto the wreath form in the position you plan to tie them down. We do this to get an idea of what it’ll look like when we are finished before using something as permanent as glue. Sure, you could always break it off, but it’ll make a mess and potentially damage your decorations.
Once you lay it out, see if there is anything that you would like to change. Then plan accordingly while you start the next step.
Step Three: Grab Your Glue
Now for the part that you have been waiting for. Start with the base. If you decide to wrap your form with ribbon, foliage, or something else, get that base done and ready for the decorations. Build it up layer by layer for a full wreath.
Then add your decorations and any final touches. Lastly, hold it up and give it a gentle shake when it’s all dry and secure. This is a test to see if everything is properly tied down.
And there you have it, are you just in love with your new wreath? I hope so. I also hope that you found this article to be super helpful and that you were able to find some inspiration from those examples above.
You can make any home decor that you put your mind to. Don’t believe me? This was just the beginning!