Inside: 47 Fun Toddler Room Ideas + Designs
Decorating the nursery is a rite of passage for parents, but the transition to toddler rooms is an adventure your little one can enjoy right alongside you.
The best toddler room ideas include style, function, and of course…fun! From smart storage to chic decor, and theme ideas to tricks for maximizing a small space, we’ve rounded up a list of adorable inspirations for your little guy or girl’s special spot.
Check out our favorite 47 fun toddler room ideas and design inspiration!
Tips for Decorating a Toddlers Room
Check out a few of our favorite tips and tricks for creating the best toddler room design for your space.
Keep It Simple: When it comes to kids’ rooms, less is usually more. By keeping the decor simple and furnishings to a minimum, you’ll create more space to play and provide a neutral canvas that can be easily updated as your child grows.
Optimize Space: Whether you’re working with a small room or a big imagination, making the most of your child’s space is an absolute necessity.
Double Up on Storage: From their toys, games, and books to their ever-changing wardrobes in multiple sizes, kids come with a lot of stuff. To help your kids stay organized, keep things at their height. Closet storage, benches, and coat racks will all be used more often if kids can get to them easily. Try adding a few bins to conceal their toys and other items.
Make Everything Temporary: What I mean by this is, instead of painting large flowers on the wall, or detailed stripes, use removable wall decals or removable wallpaper. This is great because as kids get older their style changes quickly, so to prevent the ever-changing room headache, invest in a temporary option.
Best Toddler Room Design Ideas
Check out a few of our favorite Toddler Room Themes and decor ideas. The best part about creating a space for a young child is their desire for fun, color, and creativity. Check out a few fun design themes that will spark your design creativity.
1. Wall Full of Daisies Mural
2. Soft Colored Neutrals
3. Colorful Jungle Theme
4. Mixed Patterns + Bold Wallpaper
5. Shared Boy and Girl Toddler Room
6. Under the Sea Theme
7. Modern Rainbow Decor
8. Emerald Green Walls and Woodsy Theme
9. Colorful and Eclectic Decor
10. Bunk Beds with Moody Color Theme
Toddler Boy Room Ideas
11. Black and White Jungle Theme
12. Super Simple with Pops of Color
13. Preppy Boys Room with Pops of Green
14. Black and White Dino Theme
15. Colorful Dino Theme Decor
Toddler Girl Room Ideas
16. Girly Natural Colors with Large Wall Painting
17. Peachy Colored Decor
18. Girly Double Bed with Fun Colors
19. Pink and Orange Decor with Polka Dot Wallpaper
20. Pink and Daisys Decor
Toddler Room Decor Ideas
21. Sherpa Swivel Chair
22. Mid Century Modern Toy Chest
23. Cactus Bookcase
24. Knit Poof
25. Kids Bed
26. Fringe Basket
27. Gold Accent Dresser
28. Kids Woven Chair
29. Black Geometric Rug
3o. Jute Rug with Pink Border
Toddler + Baby Room
These toddler and baby sharing room ideas are great for a smaller home that doesn’t allow everyone to have their own room. Growing up my sister and I always shared a room and it is one of our favorite things about growing up.
So if you have babies close in age, but a toddler who is ready for their ‘big kid’ bed, here are a few fun ways to incorporate both kids in one space.
31. Simple Toddler + Baby Room Combo
32. All White with Pops of Color
33. Boy and Girl Shared Room Decor
34. Small Shared Toddler and Baby Room
35. Patterned Wallpaper with Colorful Accents
36. Mixed Patterns and Textures for Shared Room
37. Girly Shared Kids Room
38. Colorful and Modern Room Design
Parents + Toddler Room
Sharing a space with your toddler can prove to be challenging. You want a good mix of calm, fun, and maturity for the parents. Take a look at a few of our favorite ideas for sharing your space with your little one.
39. Shared Room with Curtain Separator
40. Parents and Toddler Shared Space
41. Soft and Simple Single Mom Sharing Room with Toddler Idea
42. Natural Theme Decor
43. Bright White Toddler and Parent Room
45. Mixed Childlike and Mature Jungle Themed Room
46. Shared Space with Toddler and Parent
47. Natural Theme Decor for Shared Room
More Cool Design Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these fun toddler room ideas, then check out a few more of our favorite design ideas for your home that you’ll totally love.
- Great Finds for Kids Room – Once you have figured out a theme, layout, and design concept for your toddlers’ room. Now it’s about filling it with the right decor and details. Check out these 47 great finds for kids’ rooms that are sure to create a space you and your little one will love! One of the most important things to remember when designing a kid’s space is to make it fun and customize it to their growing personality! (Keep Reading)
- Festive Home Tour – Our first HUGE renovation project was not without trial. We revamped and pulled out all the stops to create a home that we both adored. We called it the festive house because we adored hosting and bringing all the festive cheese to the place – pink fireplace and all! (Keep Reading)
- Entry Wallpaper Ideas – When guests first enter your home your entryway is the first thing they lay eyes on. It’s no doubt that having a foyer wallpaper that actively exhibits your own individual style, as well as the overall tone of your home, would be a priority. Check out more of our favorite ways to up your decor game and see how wallpaper can transform your entry into a whole new space. (Keep Reading)