Inside: 63 Farmhouse Rug Ideas
Whether you are on the hunt for rustic farmhouse rugs or the perfect finishing touch for your modern farmhouse home, we have some inspiration for you.
Finding the perfect rug isn’t easy, but if you’re looking for farmhouse rugs, you can make it easier by sticking to a neutral or muted color palette, it’s safe to say it will work well with most furniture and accessories!
When choosing a rug, think about how it will fit the space you need it for. Will it need to go under any furniture, or would a round rug work better? All of the rugs we have come up for you come in a variety of sizes, so make sure you get the tape measure out to get the perfect fit!!
Check out our favorite farmhouse rug ideas and some of our favorite tips for choosing the perfect rug for your space!
Our Favorite Rug Trend – Multiple Layered Rugs
Add interest or define your space even more by layering area rugs one on top of another. You can also layer an area rug on top of wall-to-wall carpet. Use a seasonal area rug as a top layer over your main area rug so it’s easy to change. For example, if you have large sisal or jute area rug, layer it with a thick, fluffy faux fur area rug in the colder months. In warmer months, switch out the fur and layer a flatweave over the larger natural fiber rug to create a lighter look that’s cooler on your feet.
Layering rugs is a great way to have fun with color, pattern, and texture. There are tons of ways to make this look work in your home, and it can solve a whole host of decorating problems.
Best Area Rugs for Farmhouse Style
1. Jute Border Handwoven Rug in Black
2. Brookfield Handwoven Striped Rug
3. Solana Handwoven Rug
4. Brandt Light Blue/Navy Area Rug
5. Akins Oriental Rose/Gray/Off White Area Rug
6. Nicholson Geometric Handmade Flatweave Jute Rug
7. Jacques Striped Handmade Flatweave Beige Area Rug
8. Runner Southwestern Handmade Flatweave Ivory Area Rug
9. Zoltán Striped Handmade Flatweave Cotton Gray/Blue Area Rug
10. Bellagio Flatweave Beige/ Off White Area Rug
11. Calvo Oriental Gray Area Rug
12. Herdon Geometric Light Gray Area Rug
Farmhouse Kitchen Rug Ideas
While you may generally shy away of the idea of rugs in your kitchen due to the (inevitable) possibility of spills and other messes, incorporating a rug or two into your kitchen design is the perfect way to add warmth, character and color to the heart of your home.
What Size of Rug Works Best in a Kitchen?
Runners are ideal for filling in narrow spaces, like those between a kitchen island and nearby counters. As an added benefit, long runners can also make your kitchen look bigger! An ideal choice for smaller spaces.
13. Woven Jute Runner
14. Black Accent Kitchen Rug
15. Grey and White Vintage-Inspired Kitchen Runner
16. Striped Natural Rug
17. Pop of Orange
18. Comfy Texture Patterned Runner
19. Vintage Inspired Rug with Subtle Color
20. Dark Black and White Pattern
21. Natural Rug Pattern
22. Dark and Moody Farmhouse Rug
Farmhouse Area Rug Ideas
Check out a few of our favorite farmhouse rug ideas and designs that work great in any space!
23. Monte Carlo Rug
24. Maeve Boho Farmhouse Area Rug
25. Wysocki Plaid Beige Area Rug
26. Round Frederick Geometric Braided Jute/Sisal Natural Area Rug
27. Vasag Plaid Gray Area Rug
28. Geometric Handmade Flatweave Jute/Sisal Natural/Ivory Area Rug
29. Herdon Geometric Light Gray Area Rug
30. Loren Printed – LQ-15 Area Rug
31. Layla Printed
32. 5′ x 5′ Noble Round Rug
Farmhouse Dining Room Rugs
Choosing a dining room rug isn’t easy because there are so many factors to be considered. From figuring out the best size, shape, material, color, pattern, texture and pile length, or your rug… yes, it can all feel a tad bit overwhelming.
Don’t worry! We have you covered on the perfect farmhouse style! But, if you’re needing help deciding how to choose the perfect size, shape, or style of rug for a dining room, check out this post!
33. Subtle Pattern with Grey and White
34. Large Natural Jute Rug
35. Soft Colored Texture Pattern
36. Casual Shag with Square Pattern
37. Navy Oriental Inspired Rug
38. Thick Black and Jute Stripped
39. Muted Colored Rug Layered on Jute Rug
40. Round Jute Rug with Fringed Edge
41. Modern Farmhouse Navy Pattern
42. Grey Natural Woven Texture Rug
Farmhouse Living Room Rug Ideas
You’ve just settled on your color palette and dream sofa, so now it’s time to pull it all together. The living room rug plays a major part in the design of a space. It covers most of the floor and can make a big statement. While choosing the right rug for your living room can be overwhelming, there are cues that interior designers use to get it right. Regardless of whether you appreciate natural materials, such as jute and sisal, or love to make a bold statement with a patterned design, there’s a rug for you.
43. Grey and Cream Colored with Beaded Texture
44. Large Jute Rug Base with Soft Rug on Top
45. Subtle Colors with Unique Design – Adds a small pop of color
46. Light Colored Braided Texture
47. Mix of Dark Tones and Natural Feels
48. Black and White Buffalo Check
49. Distressed Looking Rug with Pops of Dark Color
50. Dark Grey and Cream Vintage-Inspired Rug
51. Beige High-Low Texture Rug
52. Handmade Eco Natural Fiber Chevron Area Rug
Modern Farmhouse Rug Ideas
53. Short Shag Modern Diamond Design
54. Natural Woven Large Area Rug
55. Layered Jute and Oriental Rug Design
56. Large Zig-Zag Pattern
57. Distressed Navy Rug Design
58. Light Colored Braided Texture
59. Mix of Dark Tones and Natural Feels
60. Black and White Buffalo Check
61. Pop of Orange
62. Comfy Texture Patterned Runner
63. Vintage Inspired Rug with Subtle Color
More Design Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these farmhouse rug ideas then check out a few more of our favorite design ideas.
- Fun Blue Couch Living Room Ideas + Styles – While navy goes with many colors, remember that it clashes with some tones if not paired correctly. Typically, navy pairs well with light pinks, other shades of blue, yellow, burnt orange, and neutral tones. However, unless you like the maximalist style, introducing too many accent colors makes a living room look chaotic. At the end of the day, style your living room according to your own preferences and have fun with it! If you need some inspiration, check out this list of some of our favorite fun blue couch living room ideas.
- Clever Bedroom Wall Decor Ideas – If you feel like your bedroom is unfinished or lacking something, bedroom wall decor can do the trick. This collection of bedroom wall decor ideas will help you liven up your space no matter what your budget is, whether you want to go the paint-the-whole-bedroom route, or even if you just want to display some art.
- Stylish Daybed Round Up – Ideas for Every Room – A daybed although simple in shape and form is one of THE most versatile pieces of furniture. Use it in a bedroom as an oversized bench or small bed, use it in the living room as a transitional piece of seating to join two areas together, or float it just about anywhere to instantly create a stand-alone seating area. Here are a few of our favorite daybed round-up ideas.