Inside: 47 Cat Room Ideas.
Designing a cat room can be a lot of fun!!
You’ll want to pick the cutest decor and put together a place that will give your cat fun exercise opportunities while also stimulating his mind, so they won’t be bored.
Your cat playroom should be the “purrrfect” mix of practical and stylish, with a lot of toys and spaces your cat won’t get tired of exploring.
Here are 47 ideas for creating an a-meow-zing cat room.
Table of Contents
How to Make a Cat Room
Finding a good place for a cat room is just half of the equation. The layout and organization of your cat playroom are also crucial. Check out these cat room design ideas for decor, pet furniture, and storage solutions!
Find Inspiration From Pet: Make your kitty playroom your own with personal touches to honor your pet. A few photos will do the trick, but don’t be afraid to take a more whimsical approach by hanging a custom-painted pet portrait or personalized tapestry.
Planning Storage: Thanks to their curious nature, cats are adept at getting into things they shouldn’t—especially when they’re looking for food. If you plan to keep your pet’s food in their playroom, make sure you keep them sealed in a heavy-duty container. This will aid with freshness and keep (literal) cat burglars at bay. Similarly, make sure treats are stashed somewhere safe like a cabinet or drawer. Extra litter, brushes, and toys should also be kept in totes or bins to keep your pet room tidy.
Discreet Litter Box: Did you know that most experts recommend having one more litter box than the number of cats you own? Thankfully, there are several ways to keep your cat’s litter box out of sight without making it uncomfortable for them to use. Disguise your litter box by placing it inside a specially-designed piece of pet furniture. This will help reduce odors and improve your cat room’s visual appeal, as well as boost your cat’s quality of life.
Awesome Cat Rooms Decorating Tips
Create a Catwalk: Healthy cats can jump six times their length. With that in mind, you should provide enough platforms throughout your kitty playground where they can flex their acrobatic skills. Place ordinary hanging shelves around your cat room at different heights to ensure your pet has ample space to explore.
Multi-Purpose Furniture: Who says your cat room can’t also be a place for you to hang out? Using multi-purpose furniture—like an ottoman-cat bed combo. This kind of furniture will be especially critical if you aren’t devoting an entire room to your pet, but still want to make your living space pet-friendly.
Choose Cat Scratching Post: Scratching is a natural instinct that all felines need an outlet for. So equip your cat playroom with at least one scratching post to keep them healthy, happy, and stimulated—and for the sake of sparing your other furniture’s upholstery.
Cat Toy Collection: Don’t assume that just because your cat is capable of entertaining themselves that they’ll never want you to join in on the fun. The ideal cat room should be stocked with a mix of interactive toys for you and your kitty to play with together, as well as play-alone toys they can enjoy all on their own.
DIY Cat Room Ideas
1. Small Cat Relaxing Area in Old TV
2. Scratching, Climbing, and Playing Trunk for Cats
3. Large Outdoor Cat Room for Playing
4. Chic Kitty Corner
5. DIY Hanging Cat Bed on Wall
6. Planter Made Cat Area
7. Stylish Litter Box Enclosure
8. Wooden TV House Bed
9. Ikea Hack Cat Room
10. Small Decorated Cat Room
Cat Room Decorating Ideas
11. Gallery Cat Wall Inspiration
12. Cat Room Teepee Decor
13. Cute Cat Climbing Tree
14. Mounted Wooden “Cat Beds”
15. Hanging Bed Tower
16. Climbing Cat Wall Planks
17. DIY Cat Tree with Baskets and Crates
18. Cute Cactus Cat Climbing Frame
19. Converted Chest for Litter Box
20. Upcycled Suitcase Stacked Cat Beds
Cat Playroom Ideas
21. Large Natural Cat Room with Wood Crawling Wall
22. Wall Play Area with Running Wheel
23. Climbing Cat Wall Area
24. Cat Bookshelf
25. Fun Wall Decor for Cats to Play In
26. Large Decorative Cat Playhouse
27. Cat Play Cubes
28. Small Cat Relaxing Area in Old TV
29. Scratching, Climbing, and Playing Trunk for Cats
30. Large Outdoor Cat Room for Playing
Cat Rooms in Houses
31. Decked Out Cat Sunroom
32. Cabinet DIYed into Cat Area
33. Cool Sliding Door Cat Area
34. Subtle Cat Bed in Bookshelf
35. DIY Cat Closet
36. Chic Kitty Corner
37. DIY Hanging Cat Bed on Wall
38. Planter Made Cat Area
39. Stylish Litter Box Enclosure
40. Wooden TV House Bed
Cat Area Ideas
41. Cat House Bed with Hammock
42. Outdoor Cat House
43. Cat Bet Stool
44. Hidden Litter Box Area in Bathroom
45. Decorative Wood Cat Furniture House
46. Ikea Hack Cat Room
47. Small Decorated Cat Room
More Great Design Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these cute cat room ideas then check out a few more of our favorite design ideas and home decor trends.
- Small Gaming Room Ideas – We can all agree that bigger is always better, but not always doable. Decking out a large gaming station is no big deal, the real challenge comes into play with a smaller space. A bedroom, closet, small office, or corner of a living space can prove to be more difficult to design. But not to worry about your small space. If you’re looking to take your gaming setup to the next level then I have some good news for you. We’ve come up with the ultimate small gaming room ideas that will take you to the next level.
- Stylish Daybed Round Up – Ideas for Every Room – A daybed although simple in shape and form is one of THE most versatile pieces of furniture. Use it in a bedroom as an oversized bench or small bed, use it in the living room as a transitional piece of seating to join two areas together, or float it just about anywhere to instantly create a stand-alone seating area. Here are a few of our favorite daybed round-up ideas.
- The Best 21 Deck Furniture Ideas You Can Afford! – Outfit your deck with the best deck furniture ideas such as sleek outdoor sofa, or classic rocking chairs stacked with fluffy cushions, and your outdoor space quickly becomes a backyard oasis for you and your family to enjoy!