Inside: Bathroom Wall Paneling Ideas To Up Your Potty Game.
DIY wall paneling has taken over people’s homes, including ours.
That’s what we’re here to show you! We’re going to share these fun bathroom wall paneling ideas for every kind of interior plus show you just how we accomplish this look all on our own!
Popular Bathroom Wall Paneling Styles
Shiplap: Shiplap paneling looks fantastic in a bathroom. Choose dark colors to add a feeling of warmth and luxury, or keep it bright and airy with pastel shades. It’s easy to install – most shiplap panels feature tongue and groove edges, so they fit together easily.
Half-Wall Highlight: Using paneling on the lower half of a wall is a great way to add detail without it becoming overpowering. Painting it in a dark shade will ground your design scheme and add a touch of opulence.
Or you can paint it white and pair it with a bright, colorful, and fun wallpaper like we did! Check out our step-by-step on how we finished our bathroom with this cool and clean wall paneling feature!
How to Panel a Wall
Supplies You’ll Need
Before you begin, the essentials you will need include:
- MDF wood paneling
- A spirit level
- No Nails Glue (or a similar brand)
- Decorators caulk
- Saw or cutter
- A notebook and pen to jot down sizes
- Sandpaper or an electric sander
- Tape measure
- A calculator (we recommend trying this calculator and online visualizer to get the measurements correct).
Paneling a wall is an exciting DIY task, but before you begin it’s important to plan and prepare your wall first.
Measure Your Wall
When paneling a wall, you need to measure how many pieces of MDF wood you need. Once you have worked out how much you need, it’s time to measure your walls. This is one of the trickiest parts of paneling, so take your time until you’ve got it spot on.
• Use your tape measure to work out the full width and height of the wall you are deciding to panel.
• Decide how many panels you want. Some prefer paneling only half the wall, while others love the full paneled look.
• Remember to account for top and base panels (the frame) as well as vertical and horizontal panels.
Cut the Panels
Now it’s time to cut the panels, which is dependent on the size of your wall, or how much you want to panel. You can either cut the panels yourself or ask a professional
Sand and Smooth Your Walls
Next, it’s time to sand and smooth down your walls. You can either use sandpaper or an electric sander if you have one to hand.
Prepare your walls before attaching the panels by sanding and smoothing them down. This removes any lumps or bumps which may otherwise show through.
Apply Panels to Wall
Start by adding the frame. First with the base panels, followed by the top. Place your panel onto the marked wall and use a laser level to ensure the panel is straight. Apply strong adhesive to the back and apply to the wall – be sure to press down firmly and leave to dry.
Continue to add the vertical panels first, followed by the horizontal panels.
Fill Any Gaps
Once you have applied the panels to your walls, go over them with decorator caulk to patch up any unsightly gaps, cracks, or holes. You may need to fill some in the sides, depending on whether any gaps appeared (don’t worry as you can cover this with paint).
Once filled, sand this down to complete the look.
Now it’s time for the fun part! Before painting, ensure that the adhesive, decorator’s caulk, and filler (if used) is fully dry and has set.
Bathroom Paneling Ideas + Inspiration
1. Elegant Grey Paneling in Bathroom
2. Full Focal Wall with Paneling
3. Light Blue Feature Shiplap Wall
4. Colorful 3/4 Paneling with Colorful Wallpaper
5. Full Wall of Vertical Panels
6. Tall Bead Board with Shelf on Top
7. Paneling On Wall with Matching Bathtub
8. Light Blue Paneling Inspiration
9. Colored Paneling with Pattern Wallpaper
10. All White Wall with White Paneling
11. White Wall Paneling with Black Wall
12. Focal Wall with Paneling
Small Bathroom Wall Panel Ideas
13. Full Framed Wall Paneling Idea
14. Tall Feature Wall of Shiplap
15. All Black Small Bathroom with Panel Frames
16. Simple Half Wall Paneling in Small Bathroom
17. Border and Paint Paneling Effect
18. Small Bathroom with Horizontal Shiplap Paneling
19. Focal Wall with Paneling
20. Big Contrast in Little Bathroom
21. Bold Colorful Wallpaper with Half Paneling
22. Clean Contrasting Colors and Metals
23. Fun Small Green Bathroom
24. Elegant Grey Paneling in Bathroom
Half Wall Paneling Ideas You’ll Love
25. White and Cream Half Wall Paneling
26. Black Paneling on White Wall
27. Half Wall Squared Design
28. White Wall Paneling with Black Wall
29. Black and White Contrast
30. Half Wall Shiplap
31. Classic Half Wall Paneling
32. Paneling With Shelf Edge
33. Framed Half Paneling
34. Half Paneling with Tile Border
35. Framed Wall Paneling with Wall Art
36. Half Wall Paneling with Built-in Sink
37. Fun Small Green Bathroom
White Wall Paneling Ideas
38. All White Wall with White Paneling
39. White Paneling with Pattern Wallpaper
40. Neutral and White
41. All White Paneling
42. Clean White Bathroom Design
43. Full White Shiplap Bathroom
44. White Paneling
45. Neutral and White Bathroom Design
Colorful Bathroom Wall Paneling Ideas
46. Bold Green Paneling Wall
47. Colored Paneling with Pattern Wallpaper
48. Focal Wall with Paneling
49. Big Contrast in Little Bathroom
50. Bold Colorful Wallpaper with Half Paneling
51. Clean Contrasting Colors and Metals
52. Fun Small Green Bathroom
53. Elegant Grey Paneling in Bathroom
More Cool Ideas for Your Home
If you liked these cute bathroom wall paneling ideas then you should check out a few more of our favorite home decor ideas.
- Boho Bathroom Ideas – The boho style has tons of emphasis on textured textiles, organic materials and shapes, rich tones, and a “more is more” vibe—can be a really budget-friendly way to spruce up your bathroom without dishing out cash for renovations. You can create a boho look with (lots of) accessories—and, of course, a healthy dose of creativity. For inspiration, take a look at these boho decor accessories.
- Boob Light Replacements – Ditch those old boob lights and replace them with a new modern, unique, and trendy look. Check out our favorite light ideas and how they can transform your space with just a flip of the swtich. Plus we teach how to do it all yourself!
- Clever Bedroom Wall Decor Ideas – If you feel like your bedroom is unfinished or lacking something, bedroom wall decor can do the trick. This collection of bedroom wall decor ideas will help you liven up your space no matter what your budget is, whether you want to go the paint-the-whole-bedroom route, or even if you just want to display some art.