Inside: How to Make a Curly Deco Mesh Wreath.
When it comes to deco mesh wreaths there are several different styles and themes you can work with. Today we are showing how to make a super fun and totally whimsical curly deco mesh wreath.
I love using this deco mesh wreath style with various colors, it adds a fun contrast to the curly texture of the wreath. I believe the curly wreath is one of the simpler versions of a deco mesh wreath.
All you need is a few fun colored meshes, a wreath form, and some pipe cleaners.
What is a Curly Deco Mesh Wreath
A curly deco mesh wreath is just a simple deco mesh wreath made with strips of curly mesh. When you cut the mesh it tends to roll up into a cylinder type shape. By rolling and twisting the pieces you create a fun curled look. When you attach each piece you get a twisty curly full wreath!
Supplies You Need for a Curly Deco Mesh Wreath
There are just a few supplies you need to make this curly deco mesh wreath.
- 10in Red Deco Mesh
- 10in Pink Deco Mesh
- Wreath Form
- Pipe Cleaners
- Rotary Cutter
How to Make a Curly Deco Mesh Wreath
The curly method is very different than the traditional poofy method and will give you a completely different look. You can use multiple colors of mesh, to add more dimension to your wreath! If desired, you can also add decorative elements and silk flowers to your design!
1. Start by attaching halved pipe cleaners to the outer and innermost ring of your wreath form. Give each pipe cleaner a tight twist to secure them to the form.
2. Cut strips of your mesh in ten-inch wide. I used a 12in wreath form and used about 15 strips of each color, 30 in total.
3. Take a piece of mesh, roll it up, pinch it in the center, and stack with the second color of mesh that is also rolled up and pinched together.
4. Move over to your wreath form and attach these two pieces of mesh as one piece to one tip from the wreath form by wrapping the pipe cleaners around the mesh once. Repeat this with another set of mesh pieces, using the next closest pipe cleaner. It does not matter which direction you go in as long as each tip gets two pieces of mesh.
5. Once you have added all your curly deco mesh pieces, fluff your wreath, and cut any stragglers.
Once you’ve finished with the ribbon you’re done with your curly deco mesh wreath! Hang it up as it is, or add picks or a sign to your wreath for even more fun! You can create a wreath for every season with this method using any combination of mesh colors.
Curly Deco Mesh Ideas
Like I said before these curly deco mesh wreaths are perfect for decorating for each season and celebrating every holiday! Here are a few ideas!
Red & Pink: Perfect for Valentine’s Day! You can add fun valentine sprigs or heart patterned ribbon for extra flair!
Pastel Colors: Using all different pastel colors would be so cute for Easter or Spring!
Bright Bold Pinks or Yellows: Fun for Summer! Maybe adding some cute sunglasses or summer decorations would be cute!
Red & Green: Of course this would be so cute for Christmas time!
More Deco Mesh Ideas
- Deco Mesh Centerpiece Ideas – Let’s just be real, parties are a BIG deal, and I personally love them more than anything. Any excuse to have a celebration I am all in 100%, which is why coming up with these super cute and fun Deco Mesh centerpiece ideas! Coming up with the perfect decor for a party is one of my favorite things and luckily I have found the perfect centerpiece idea for EVERY occasion!
- Dollar Tree Deco Mesh Ideas – I love adding a fun pop of festive to my front door, dining room table or over my mantel, and one of my favorite ways to do so is a bright colorful Deco Mesh piece! I love using Deco Mesh, it is the perfect material to manipulate into the best decor. From holidays to everyday decor there are so many different fun ways to use Deco Mesh. Now, with seasons changing and holidays having the perfect wreath for each occasion can get pricey. That is why I made the best list of Dollar Tree Deco Mesh Ideas! They are all perfectly designed to stay within your budget and still add that festive punch!
- How to Make a Deco Mesh Wreath Step by Step – When it comes to deco mesh wreaths there are a million different variations and types of wreaths you can make! I love decorating my front door for every season with a perfectly themed deco mesh wreath. From New Years to Spring, Christmas, and everything in between deco mesh wreaths are my favorite DIY decoration! You can make any style of deco mesh wreath with this basic How to Make a Deco Mesh Wreath Step by Step. With these few simple steps, you can make all variations of wreaths. So let’s start with the basics!